Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Changing Seasons

It seems the weather has immediately jumped into Fall, and so has the Monkey Truck!  With Fall comes two of my most favorite ingredients: Pumpkins and apples.  Not just for pies anymore, we're putting these things into our juices, our milkshakes, and even our pizzas.
As a child I can remember our family trips to the apple orchards and pumpkin farms.  My brothers and I would pick out two pumpkins each- one for carving, and one for pies.   There are many memories of scooping out pumpkin "guts" and seeds, peeling apples, and making lots and lots of pies. I'm thankful for the way my Mother introduced me to canned pumpkin: "You'll never make a pumpkin pie taste right with that stuff from a can."

Below is a list of some of our Fall menu items.  Come see us at one of our events this Fall to try them:
Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
Apple Pecan Milkshake
Harvest Pizza with carmelized onions, apples, balsamic, and vegan cheddar
Butternut Squash Pizza with fresh sage & goat cheese
Pumpkin scones, apple cinnamon scones
Homebaked pies by the slice: Pumpkin, Apple, and Vegan Banana-Pecan

We'll be posting our Holiday catering menu very soon, including whole pies, baked goods, soups, and more.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment